Blockstructured Adaptive Mesh Refinement in object-oriented C++
2D Euler equations - Periodic boundary conditionsProblem description Results: 2 Levels 3 Levels
Circular shock-waves expand and interact in open space. This example demonstrates that AMROC can handle even multiple periodic boundary conditions correctly. See three-dimensional analogue.
Initial / Boundary Conditions
- Two-dimensional Euler-equations for an ideal gas (Air with gamma=1.4)
- Wave propagation scheme with Minmod wave-limiter and transverse wave propagation
- Calculation with CFL-No. 0.8 to time t=0.84
- AMR-computation with a coarse grid of 130x130 cells
2 grid levels:
- Calculation of 218 time steps
- 1 levels with refinement factor 2 is used.
- Finest level corresponds to 260x260 grid (67.8 K cells)
3 grid levels:
- Calculation of 253 time steps
- 2 levels with refinement factor 2 and 4 are used .
- Finest level corresponds to 1040x1040 grid (1.08 M cells)
Quickstart Users Guide Programmers Reference Installation Examples Download
AMROC Main Home Contact
last update: 6/1/04