Blockstructured Adaptive Mesh Refinement in object-oriented C++
1D Euler equations - Interacting Blast WavesProblem description Results: 5 Levels
This difficult test case of two interaction blast waves has been designed especially to illustrate the strong relationship between the accuracy of the overall flow solution and the sharp resolution of discontinuities.
Initial / Boundary Conditions
rho=1.0 u=0.0 p=1000.0 for 0.0 < x < 0.1 rho=1.0 u=0.0 p=0.01 for 0.1 < x < 0.9 rho=1.0 u=0.0 p=100.0 for 0.9 < x < 1.0
Reflecting boundary conditions at both sides.
- One-dimensional Euler-equations for an ideal gas (Air with gamma=1.4)
- Wave propagation scheme with Minmod wave-limiter
- Calculation of 338 steps with CFL-No. 0.95 to time t=0.038
- AMR-computation with a coarse grid of 200 cells
- 5 levels with refinement factor 2 used.
- Finest level corresponds to 3200 cells
Reference: P. Woodward, P Colella, The Numerical Simulation of Two-Dimensional Fluid Flow with Strong Shocks, Journal of Computational Physics 54, 115.173 (1984)
Quickstart Users Guide Programmers Reference Installation Examples Download
AMROC Main Home Contact
last update: 6/1/04