Blockstructured Adaptive Mesh Refinement in object-oriented C++
2D Euler equations - Explosion in a BoxProblem description Results: 2 Levels 3 Levels Variation of Distribution Variation of GuC-Factor
A circular shock-wave expands in an enclosed box. The reflected shocks interact in a complex manner. This example demonstrates basic adaptive functionality. See three-dimensional analogue.
Initial / Boundary Conditions
- Two-dimensional Euler-equations for an ideal gas (Air with gamma=1.4)
- Wave propagation scheme with Minmod wave-limiter and transverse wave propagation
- Calculation with CFL-No. 0.8 to time t=0.5
- AMR-computation with a coarse grid of 150x150 cells
2 grid levels:
- Calculation of 196 time steps
- 1 levels with refinement factor 2 is used .
- Finest level corresponds to 300x300 grid (90 K cells)
3 grid levels:
- Calculation of 199 time steps
- 2 levels with refinement factor 2 and 4 are used .
- Finest level corresponds to 1200x1200 grid (1.4 M cells)
Quickstart Users Guide Programmers Reference Installation Examples Download
AMROC Main Home Contact
last update: 6/1/04