Blockstructured Adaptive Mesh Refinement in object-oriented C++
3D Euler equations - Explosion in a BoxProblem description Results: 3 Levels
A circular shock-wave expands in an enclosed box. The reflected shocks interact in a complex manner. This example demonstrates basic adaptive functionality. See two-dimensional analogue.
Initial / Boundary Conditions
- Three-dimensional Euler-equations for an ideal gas (Air with gamma=1.4)
- Wave propagation scheme with Minmod wave-limiter and transverse wave propagation
- Calculation with CFL-No. 0.9 to time t=0.5
AMR-computation with a coarse grid of 30x30x30 cells and 3 grid levels:
- Calculation of 38 time steps
- 2 levels with refinement factor 2 are used.
Comparative computation with a uniformly refined grid of 120x120x120 cells (1.73 Mcells):
- Calculation of 142 time steps
Quickstart Users Guide Programmers Reference Installation Examples Download
AMROC Main Home Contact
last update: 6/1/04