Blockstructured Adaptive Mesh Refinement in object-oriented C++
3D Euler equations - Backward facing stepProblem description Results: 3 Levels
This example has been inspired by the planar diffraction of a shock-wave over a sharp corner (see backward facing step).
Initial / Boundary Conditions
- Two-dimensional Euler-equations for an ideal gas (Air with gamma=1.4)
- Dimensional splitting, Roe solver, MUSCL variable reconstruction with Van Albada limiter
- Calculation with CFL-No. 0.95 to time t=1.5
- AMR-computation with a coarse grid of 60x40x40 cells
3 grid levels:
- Calculation of 70 time steps
- 2 levels with refinement factor 2 are used.
- Finest level corresponds to 240x160x160 grid (6.144 M cells)
Quickstart Users Guide Programmers Reference Installation Examples Download
AMROC Main Home Contact
last update: 6/1/04