Blockstructured Adaptive Mesh Refinement in object-oriented C++
3D Euler equations - Periodic boundary conditionsProblem description Results: 3 Levels
Circular shock-waves expand and interact in open space. This example demonstrates that AMROC can handle even multiple periodic boundary conditions correctly. See two-dimensional analogue.
Initial / Boundary Conditions
3 grid levels:
- Three-dimensional Euler-equations for an ideal gas (Air with gamma=1.4)
- Wave-propagation algorithm, Minmod-limiter
- Calculation with CFL-No. 0.8 to time t=0.84
- AMR-computation with a coarse grid of 30x30x30cells
- Calculation of 58 time steps
- 2 levels with refinement factor 2 are used.
- Finest level corresponds to 120x120x120 grid (1.73 M cells)
Quickstart Users Guide Programmers Reference Installation Examples Download
AMROC Main Home Contact
last update: 6/1/04